[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Thanks for the downloading help!

   However, neither of these copyright statements stands alone. Calling
   individual pages copyrighted implictly is not likely to stand the court
   tests anymore than copyright law protects a letter sent to me w/o
   any form of copyright marking.

A friend of mine is a copyright lawyer (intellectual property), and she
says that all web pages are implicitly copyrighted under current
copyright law.

Furthermore, making a copy of a page, EVEN IN RAM!, is considered a
copyright violation under the same law.

Making the page available by http does not implicitly wave the
copyright....we all are just breaking the law every time we look at a
web site.

Isn't the legal system great!  (I am not making this up, I swear it
is true as far as I know.)

-Al

Follow-Ups: References: